Here to Help in Tazewell, IL
Disability Attorney Tazewell, IL
Disability Attorney Tazewell, IL. If a disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial worries and constraints can add to an already stressful situation in Tazewell, IL. You may feel inundated when you ponder your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be trying to even know where to begin. The easiest start is normally the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Tazewell, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Tazewell, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Tazewell, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We are proud of the strong relationships we build with each client. You can bank on our Tazewell, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Tazewell, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, overseen by the Social Security Administration, to help individuals like you in Tazewell, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Tazewell, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Tazewell, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Tazewell, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in deciding if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Tazewell, IL. While it generally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is precisely why you need the assistance of a experienced disability attorney near Tazewell, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Tazewell, IL disability attorney is involved in the initial steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Efficiency — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Tazewell, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Tazewell, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Tazewell, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call immediately at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Learn more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate reach out to now or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Tazewell, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.
Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential consultation.