Here to Help in Shipman, IL
Disability Attorney Shipman, IL
Disability Attorney Shipman, IL. If a disability keeps you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial concerns and restrictions can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Shipman, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you ponder your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be hard to even know where to get going. The simplest start is normally the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Shipman, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Shipman, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Shipman, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We are proud of the strong relationships we establish with each client. You can rely on our Shipman, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your options, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Shipman, IL. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to assist people like you in Shipman, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Shipman, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Shipman, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Shipman, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to figure out the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of these three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in determining your eligibility. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then decide whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is available to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Shipman, IL. While it normally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were approved for disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is precisely why you need the assistance of a experienced disability attorney near Shipman, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Shipman, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate by your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Shipman, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Shipman, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Shipman, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate reach out to now or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Shipman, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.
Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential case review.