Here to Help in Perry, MO
Disability Attorney Perry, MO
Disability Attorney Perry, MO. If a disability keeps you from working, your financial concerns and impediments can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Perry, MO. You may feel overwhelmed when you ponder your future and your family’s welfare. It can be trying to even know where to start. The easiest start is usually considered the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is only a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Perry, MO and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Perry, MO, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Perry, MO, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We are proud of the strong relationships we establish with each client. You can rely on our Perry, MO disability attorney to provide honest advice about your situation, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Perry, MO. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Perry, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to assist people like you in Perry, MO pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Perry, MO
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Perry, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Perry, MO
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to figure out the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of these three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Perry, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Perry, MO Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Perry, MO. While it generally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were allowed disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than individuals without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is specifically why you need the help of a experienced disability attorney near Perry, MO, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Perry, MO disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Speed — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Perry, MO — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Perry, MO clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Perry, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Perry, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Perry, MO Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate contact us immediately or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Perry, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, in addition to providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Perry, MO Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.