Here to Help in Carlinville, IL
Disability Attorney Carlinville, IL
Disability Attorney Carlinville, IL. If your disability prevents you from working, your financial worries and impediments can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Carlinville, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you ponder your future and your family’s welfare. It can be difficult to even know where to get going. The simplest beginning is normally the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Carlinville, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Carlinville, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Carlinville, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with every client. You can rely on our Carlinville, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your options, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Carlinville, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to help individuals like you in Carlinville, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Carlinville, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Carlinville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Carlinville, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of these three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in adjudicating if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things correctly the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Carlinville, IL. While it generally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were allowed disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without legal representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is specifically why you need the assistance of a experienced disability attorney near Carlinville, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Carlinville, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Additionally, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Carlinville, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Carlinville, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Carlinville, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Find out more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Feel free to reach out to immediately or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Carlinville, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.
Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential case review.