Here to Help in Jefferson County, MO
Disability Attorney Jefferson County, MO
Disability Attorney Jefferson County, MO. If a disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial worries and impediments can add to an already stressful situation in Jefferson County, MO. You may feel overwhelmed when you think about your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be difficult to even know where to start. The simplest beginning is normally the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Jefferson County, MO and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Jefferson County, MO, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Jefferson County, MO, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We are proud of the strong relationships we build with each client. You can bank on our Jefferson County, MO disability attorney to give you honest advice about your options, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Jefferson County, MO. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to help individuals like you in Jefferson County, MO cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Jefferson County, MO
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not included here that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then decide whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things correctly the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Jefferson County, MO. While it generally takes the SSA approximately 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were approved for disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than claimants without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is specifically why you need the help of a experienced disability attorney near Jefferson County, MO, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Jefferson County, MO disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Additionally, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Jefferson County, MO — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Jefferson County, MO clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Jefferson County, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
To provide clients with useful resources, the Drummond Law disability attorney team prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary.
If you have any questions or concerns, call us immediately at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are predictably withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to reach out to immediately or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Jefferson County, MO Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.
Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential consultation.