Injury Attorney in Jefferson County, MO
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Jefferson County, MO. Drummond Law provides legal representation to people who have been injured in work-related accidents throughout Illinois. Our team is dedicated to helping victims and their families recover after injuries, whether that’s on the job or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, call our Jefferson County, MO, injury attorneys now and get the legal representation you need at 800-842-0426. We offer no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it is important to document everything in order to get proper compensation. Don’t hesitate to contact Drummond Law today if you or a family member have been in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be documented.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Jefferson County, MO
In one second, your entire life can change because of an injury. Personal Injury lawyers manage a wide swathe of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Car and Truck Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Get in touch with one of our Jefferson County, MO, injury attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you are disabled or hurt at work, in a car accident, at a store, or even at home. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews. Our firm specializes in work-related cases.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims
Our injury lawyers in Jefferson County, MO, have the experience and dedication you need to fight your case and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition with major implications. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. Below are a few of the financial damages that may be considered for a personal injury claim:
- Medical Care: Typically, insurance companies cover partial to full medical care. This can include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits may be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Different states have different laws for punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and usually don’t add up to much in the reimbursement total.
- Lost Income: If you can’t work because of an injury after a vehicle accident, for example, you may be able to recover losses for lost wages. All financial implications after an injury are considered.
- Other Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Jefferson County, MO, victims and their families through the entire legal process. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Jefferson County, MO, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your claim.
It’s important for our firm to provide useful services and to listen to our clients. Since, 1976, Drummon Law has helped victims get the reimbursement they deserve. This includes Jefferson County, MO, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Jefferson County
If you’ve been injured on the job, it is very important to think ahead. A major step is to document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Talk to our Jefferson County, MO, injury attorneys for more information
Our Jefferson County, MO, injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work or support your family due to an injury. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Our injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer has worked with numerous accident cases and will know how to help. Our Jefferson County, MO, injury lawyers know what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to express who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is difficult for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don’t lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our lawyers. We’re here to help. Contact us now if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Jefferson County, MO, from qualified injury attorneys.