Injury Attorney in Plainview, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Plainview, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Our team is dedicated to helping victims and their families recover after an accident, whether at work or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, call our Plainview, IL, injury attorneys now and get the help you need at 800-842-0426. Our legal team offers no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it’s important to document everything in order to get proper reimbursement. Don’t hesitate to contact Drummond Law today if you or a family member have been in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be documented.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Plainview, IL
In one second, your entire life can change because of an injury. Personal Injury lawyers handle a wide swathe of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Car and Truck Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Get in touch with one of our Plainview, IL, injury attorneys today to learn more about Drummond Law’s capabilities and legal services if have been disabled or hurt at work, in a car accident, at a store, or even at home. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews. Our firm specializes in work-related cases.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
Our injury attorneys in Plainview, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight your case and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition with major implications. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Here are a few of the financial damages our firm considers for a personal injury claim:
- Medical Bills: Typically, insurers cover partial to full medical care. This can include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits may be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Depending on what state you’re in, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and are usually minor compared to other damages.
- Lost Income: If you’re unable to work for several weeks because of a car accident or slip and fall, you may be able to recover losses for lost income. All financial implications after an injury are considered.
- Other Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Plainview, IL, victims and their families collect all of the information they need to fight a claim. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Plainview, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your case.
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Work Injury Lawyer
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
It’s important for our firm to provide useful services and to listen to our clients. Since, 1976, Drummon Law has helped victims get the reimbursement they deserve. This includes Plainview, IL, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Plainview?
If you’re ever injured at work, it is essential to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Talk to HR or a supervisor and file the required paperwork
- Reach out to our Plainview, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Drummond Law’s Plainview, IL, injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work or support your family due to an injury. Contact our firm today to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Our injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies can be challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of accident cases and will know what to do. Our Plainview, IL, injury lawyers understand what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to express who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don’t lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Drummond Law’s attorneys. Drummond Law is here to help. Contact us today if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Plainview, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.