Injury Attorney in Mt. Vernon, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Mt. Vernon, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents throughout Illinois. Our team is dedicated to helping victims and their families recover after an accident, whether that’s on the job or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, contact our Mt. Vernon, IL, injury attorneys now and get the legal representation you need at 800-842-0426. Our legal team offers no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it is essential to document everything to get proper reimbursement. Don’t hesitate to contact Drummond Law now if you or a family member have been in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be documented.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Mt. Vernon, IL
In one second, your entire life can change because of an injury. Personal Injury lawyers manage a wide variety of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Car and Truck Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Get in touch with one of our Mt. Vernon, IL, injury attorneys now to learn more about Drummond Law’s capabilities and legal services if you are disabled or hurt at work, in a car accident, at a store, or even at home. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations. Our firm specializes in work-related claims.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims
Our injury lawyers in Mt. Vernon, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight your case and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, it can turn into a lasting condition with major implications. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. Below are a few of the damages that may be considered for a personal injury claim:
- Medical Care: Typically, insurers cover partial to full medical care. This can include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Different states have different laws for punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and usually don’t add up to much in the reimbursement total.
- Lost Income: If you can’t work because of an injury after a vehicle accident, for example, you may be able to recover losses for lost wages. All financial implications after an injury are considered.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Getting a rental car, gas for going to and from appointments, childcare, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Mt. Vernon, IL, victims and their families through the entire legal process. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Mt. Vernon, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your claim.
It’s important for our firm to provide useful services and to listen to our clients. Drummond Law has practiced since 1976. This includes Mt. Vernon, IL, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Mt. Vernon?
If you’ve been injured on the job, it is very important to stay on top of it. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This may include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re a victim in a workplace accident, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Talk to Drummond Law’s Mt. Vernon, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Our Mt. Vernon, IL, injury lawyers are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work or support your family due to an injury. Contact our firm today to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Drummond Law’s injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to employ many tricky tactics to avoid paying out any more than they have to. It can be difficult to successfully negotiate with them unless you are familiar with their ploys. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of accident cases and will know what to do. Our Mt. Vernon, IL, accident attorneys understand what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will make your case and fight for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Do not be nervous about reaching out to Drummond Law’s lawyers. We’re here to help. Contact our firm today if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Mt. Vernon, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.