Injury Attorney in Barr, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Barr, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to those injured in work-related accidents throughout Illinois. Drummond Law’s team is dedicated to helping victims and their families recover after an accident, whether at work or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, contact our Barr, IL, injury attorneys now and get the help you need at 800-842-0426. Our legal team offers no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it is important to document everything to get proper reimbursement. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Drummond Law today if you or a family member have been involved in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be documented.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Barr, IL
An injury can change your life in an instant. Personal Injury lawyers manage a wide variety of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Car and Truck Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Get in touch with one of our Barr, IL, injury lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if have been disabled or hurt in a vehicle accident, in an everyday situation, or on the job. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations. Our firm specializes in work-related claims.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
Drummond Law’s injury attorneys in Barr, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight your case and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re in an accident. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, it can turn into a lasting condition with major implications. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Here are a few of the damages we consider for a personal injury claim:
- Medical Bills: Usually, insurance companies cover partial to full medical care. This may include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits may be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Depending on what state you’re in, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and usually don’t add up to much in the reimbursement total.
- Lost Income: If you’re unable to work for several weeks because of a car accident or slip and fall, you may be able to recover losses for lost wages. All financial implications of an injury are considered.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Barr, IL, victims and their families collect all of the information they need to fight a claim. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Barr, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your case.
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Social Security for Children
It’s important for our firm to provide useful services and to listen to our clients. Drummond Law has practiced since 1976. This includes Barr, IL, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Barr
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s very important to stay on top of it. A major step is to document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Talk to our Barr, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Our Barr, IL, injury attorneys are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work or support your family. Contact our firm now to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Drummond Law’s injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies can be challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to employ many tricky tactics to avoid paying out any more than they have to. It can be difficult to successfully negotiate with them unless you are familiar with their ploys. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer has worked with numerous accident cases and will know how to help. Our Barr, IL, accident lawyers understand what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. Only a personal injury attorney has an understanding of the true value of your case. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Do not be nervous about reaching out to our attorneys. We’re here to help. Call our firm now if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Barr, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.