Injury Attorney in Brighton, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Brighton, IL. Drummond Law provides legal representation to those injured in work-related accidents throughout Illinois. Drummond Law’s team is dedicated to helping victims and their families recover after injuries, whether that’s on the job or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, contact our Brighton, IL, injury attorneys now and get the legal representation you need at 800-842-0426. We offer no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it’s important to document everything to get proper compensation. Do not hesitate to reach out to Drummond Law today if you or a family member have been in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be accounted for.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Brighton, IL
In one second, your entire life can change because of an injury. Personal Injury lawyers manage a wide variety of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Car and Truck Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Contact one of our Brighton, IL, injury attorneys now to learn more about Drummond Law’s capabilities and legal services if you are disabled or hurt at work, in a car accident, at a store, or even at home. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews. Our firm specializes in work-related claims.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
Drummond Law’s injury lawyers in Brighton, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition with major implications. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Below are a few of the damages that may be considered for a personal injury case:
- Medical Care: Usually, insurance companies cover partial to full medical care. This may include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Depending on what state you’re in, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and are usually minor compared to other damages.
- Lost Income: If you’re unable to work for several weeks because of a car accident or slip and fall, you may be able to recover losses for lost income. All financial implications of an injury are considered.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Brighton, IL, victims and their families through the entire legal process. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Brighton, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your claim.
- Disability Attorney
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Brighton?
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s very important to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you’re in a work-related accident and have been injured, your initial priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to our Brighton, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Drummond Law’s Brighton, IL, injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work or support your family. Contact our firm today to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Drummond Law’s injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies are challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer consistently get less money from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer has worked with numerous accident cases and will know how to help. Our Brighton, IL, accident attorneys know what to look for with each case and how to present the evidence to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially with complicated factors like unquantifiable damages and long-term injuries or effects of injuries, it is nearly impossible for a layperson to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is uncooperative or refuses to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Do not be nervous about reaching out to our team. Drummond Law is here to help. Contact our firm now if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Brighton, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.