Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents in Illinois. Drummond Law’s team is dedicated to helping victims and their families recover after injuries, whether that’s on the job or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, call our Litchfield, IL, injury attorneys now and get the assistance you need at 800-842-0426. We offer no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it is essential to document everything to get proper reimbursement. Do not hesitate to reach out to Drummond Law now if you or a family member have been in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be accounted for.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Litchfield, IL
In one second, your entire life can change because of an injury. Personal Injury lawyers handle a wide variety of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Vehicle-Related Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Get in touch with one of our Litchfield, IL, injury attorneys now to learn more about Drummond Law’s capabilities and legal services if you are disabled or hurt in a vehicle accident, in an everyday situation, or on the job. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations. Our firm specializes in work-related claims.
Reimbursement for Personal Injury Claims
Our injury lawyers in Litchfield, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight your case and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re in an accident. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, it can turn into a lasting condition with major implications. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Below are a few of the damages our firm considers for a personal injury case:
- Medical Care: Typically, insurance companies cover partial to full medical care. This may include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits may be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Different states have different laws for punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and usually don’t add up to much in the reimbursement total.
- Lost Income: If you’re unable to work for several weeks because of a car accident or slip and fall, you may be able to recover losses for lost income. All financial implications of an injury are considered.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Litchfield, IL, victims and their families collect all of the information they need to fight a claim. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Litchfield, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your claim.
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Work Injury Lawyer
- Workers Comp Lawyer
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Workers Compensation Lawyers
It’s important for our firm to provide useful services and to listen to our clients. Since, 1976, Drummon Law has helped victims get the reimbursement they deserve. This includes Litchfield, IL, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Should You File a Claim After a Workplace Injury in Litchfield?
If you’re ever injured at work, it’s very important to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include pictures of the injury, a report on how it happened, witness testimonies, and other items. No detail is unimportant.
If you are in a work-related accident and have been injured, your priority should be the following:
- Notify your employer or supervisor as quickly as possible
- Request medical attention ASAP
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to our Litchfield, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Our Litchfield, IL, injury lawyers are here to help. We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work or support your family. Contact Drummond Law now to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Drummond Law’s injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies can be challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who do not use an accident lawyer receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of accident cases and will know what to do. Our Litchfield, IL, injury lawyers understand what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is nearly impossible for someone unfamiliar with injury cases to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially if they are self-represented and do not have the help of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. These civil cases require a lot of work and leave a lot of room for mistakes, like not filing documents correctly or not filing your case by the statutory deadline. Your lawyer will stay on top of the proceedings and make sure you don’t lose your case due to avoidable errors.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our attorneys. We’re here to help. Call us today if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Litchfield, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.