Injury Attorney in Metropolis, IL
Your Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Attorney in Metropolis, IL. Drummond Law provides legal guidance to people who have been injured in work-related accidents throughout Illinois. Drummond Law’s team is dedicated to helping victims recover after an accident, whether at work or elsewhere. If you or a family member have been injured due to negligence and there are financial damages, call Drummond Law’s Metropolis, IL, injury attorneys now and get the legal representation you need at 800-842-0426. We offer no-fee consultations.
Following an injury, it is important to document everything in order to get proper reimbursement. Do not hesitate to reach out to Drummond Law today if you or a family member have been involved in an accident. The first step is to get medical assistance. Special and general damages need to be documented.
Common Personal Injury Claims | Metropolis, IL
In one second, your entire life can change because of an injury. Personal Injury lawyers handle a wide swathe of cases and claims. Below is a brief list of the most common types of claims:
- Vehicle-Related Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Scars and Burns
- Dog Bites
- Work-Related Injuries
- Neck and Spine Injuries
Contact one of our Metropolis, IL, injury lawyers now to learn more about Drummond Law’s capabilities and legal services if you are disabled or hurt at work, in a car accident, at a store, or even at home. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations. Our firm specializes in work-related cases.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
Drummond Law’s injury lawyers in Metropolis, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are in an accident. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, it can turn into a lasting condition with major implications. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Here are a few of the damages our firm considers for a personal injury claim:
- Medical Care: Usually, insurance companies cover partial to full medical care. This can include x-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors) in the case of wrongful death.
- Punitive Damages: Depending on what state you’re in, you may be able to recover punitive damages. These are based on compensation for any harm caused by a breach or negligent party, and are usually minor compared to other damages.
- Lost Income: If you’re unable to work for several weeks because of a car accident or slip and fall, you may be able to recover losses for lost income. All financial implications after an injury are considered.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Other financial burdens caused by an accident may include mileage for driving to and from a hospital, paying for a rental car, childcare, prescriptions, and other “out-of-pocket” expenses are also evaluated.
The personal injury lawyers at Drummond Law help Metropolis, IL, victims and their families through the entire legal process. We consider loss of consortium, emotional distress, and other general and special damages. Learn more about our Metropolis, IL, personal injury attorneys and how we can help you with your claim.
- Social Security for Children
- Disability Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Personal Injury Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Lawyer
If you call, we will listen. Since, 1976, Drummon Law has helped victims get the reimbursement they deserve. This includes Metropolis, IL, disability claims, SSD and SSI cases, workers compensation claims, and other injuries.
Filing a Claim After a Work-Related Injury in Metropolis
If you’ve been injured on the job, it’s essential to think ahead. One of the best things you can do is document everything. This can include medical records, taking pictures of the injury and source of the accident, and things as seemingly small as the time it occurred. No detail is unimportant.
If you are a victim in a workplace accident, your initial priority should be the following:
- Make sure your supervisor is notified immediately
- Get medical assistance as soon as you can
- Ask a supervisor or HR about filing the required paperwork
- Reach out to our Metropolis, IL, injury attorneys for more information
Our Metropolis, IL, injury attorneys are here to help. It can be stressful if you’re unable to work or support your family due to an injury. Contact Drummond Law today to learn more about personal injury claims, worker’s compensation, Social Security Disability, and other claims.
Our injury attorneys handle just about everything, including:
- Dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies can be challenging to take on. In many cases, they use tricks and strategies to try to get you to agree to a lower settlement and work to pay out as little as they possibly can. Accident victims who don’t have an accident lawyer representing them receive much lower offers from the insurance company than those who have lawyers.
- Determine and prove liability. Your lawyer is experienced in all manners of accident cases and will know what to do. Our Metropolis, IL, injury lawyers understand what to look for with each case and what evidence to use to show who is responsible for the accident and the damage it caused you.
- Calculate the true value of your case. An attorney is much better equipped to calculate the true value of your case than you are. Especially when it comes to variables like the long-term effects of injuries and suffering or certain unquantifiable damages, it is difficult for a layperson to calculate what your case is worth.
- Negotiate a favorable result for your case. Insurance companies will lowball injury victims, especially when they are without the representation of an accident lawyer. If the other party is refusing to accept responsibility for the accident, your lawyer will present your evidence and negotiate for you.
- Stay on top of the legal aspects of your case. Your lawyer and their legal team will stay organized and informed on your case. They will make sure you don’t lose your case because of avoidable issues like failing to file it before the statute of limitations runs out and other mistakes throughout the process.
Injured? We Can Help
Drummond Law specializes in the following:
- Social Security Disability
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- Veteran’s Disability and VA claims
- Railroad Disability
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law Defense including DUIs, misdemeanors, and felonies
- Driver’s License Reinstatements
- Wills and Trusts
- Power of Attorney for both Healthcare and Property
Do not be nervous about reaching out to Drummond Law’s attorneys. Drummond Law is here to help. Contact our firm now if you or a family member needs legal assistance in Metropolis, IL, from qualified injury attorneys.