Here to Help in Springfield, IL
Disability Attorney Springfield, IL
Disability Attorney Springfield, IL. If your disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial concerns and restrictions can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Springfield, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you think about your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be difficult to even know where to start. The simplest start is normally the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is simply a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Springfield, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Springfield, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Springfield, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with each client. You can rely on our Springfield, IL disability attorney to provide honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Springfield, IL. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to help individuals like you in Springfield, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Springfield, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Springfield, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Springfield, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of these three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in deciding if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and prevents you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then decide whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Springfield, IL. While it normally takes the SSA approximately 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without legal representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is precisely why you need the help of a experienced disability attorney near Springfield, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Springfield, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Efficiency — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Springfield, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Springfield, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Springfield, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are predictably withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Feel free to reach out to now or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, in addition to providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Springfield, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.