Here to Help in Red Bud, IL
Disability Attorney Red Bud, IL
Disability Attorney Red Bud, IL. If your disability prevents you from working, your financial concerns and impediments can add to an already stressful situation in Red Bud, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you ponder your future and your family’s wellbeing. It can be hard to even know where to start. The simplest start is normally the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is only a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Red Bud, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Red Bud, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Red Bud, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with every client. You can rely on our Red Bud, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your options, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Red Bud, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Red Bud, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Red Bud, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of these three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in determining your eligibility. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not included here that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then decide whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is available to help do things correctly the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Red Bud, IL. While it normally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were approved for disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than individuals without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is specifically why you need the assistance of a skilled disability attorney near Red Bud, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Red Bud, IL disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Efficiency — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Red Bud, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Red Bud, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Red Bud, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Learn more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are automatically deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Feel free to contact us immediately or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, in addition to providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Red Bud, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.