Here to Help in Fulton, IL
Disability Attorney Fulton, IL
Disability Attorney Fulton, IL. If your disability keeps you from working, your financial worries and constraints can add to an already stressful situation in Fulton, IL. You may feel inundated when you think about your future and your family’s welfare. It can be hard to even know where to get going. The easiest start is normally the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is only a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Fulton, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Fulton, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Fulton, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we establish with every client. You can rely on our Fulton, IL disability attorney to supply honest advice about your options, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Fulton, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to assist people like you in Fulton, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you may qualify for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Fulton, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Fulton, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Fulton, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of these three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is available to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Fulton, IL. While it normally takes the SSA approximately 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than claimants without representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is precisely why you need the assistance of a skilled disability attorney near Fulton, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Fulton, IL disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Fulton, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Fulton, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Fulton, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call immediately at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Find out more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to contact us now or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, along with offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Fulton, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.
Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential case review.