Here to Help in Adams County, IL
Disability Attorney Adams County, IL
Disability Attorney Adams County, IL. If a disability keeps you from working, your financial concerns and impediments can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Adams County, IL. You may feel inundated when you think about your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be hard to even know where to begin. The easiest beginning is normally the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is simply a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Adams County, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Adams County, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Adams County, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with each client. You can rely on our Adams County, IL disability attorney to provide honest advice about your situation, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Adams County, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Adams County, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Adams County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Adams County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Adams County, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in adjudicating if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and prevents you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not included here that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then decide whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is available to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Adams County, IL. While it generally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than individuals without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is specifically why you need the help of a skilled disability attorney near Adams County, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Adams County, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Speed — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Additionally, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Adams County, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Adams County, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Adams County, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
To provide clients with useful resources, the Drummond Law disability attorney team prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
Learn more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate contact us now or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Adams County, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our lawyers fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.
Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential consultation.