Here to Help in Kirkwood, MO
Disability Attorney Kirkwood, MO
Disability Attorney Kirkwood, MO. If a disability prevents you from working, your financial troubles and impediments can add to an already stressful situation in Kirkwood, MO. You may feel inundated when you think about your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be hard to even know where to get going. The simplest beginning is normally the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is simply a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Kirkwood, MO and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Kirkwood, MO, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Kirkwood, MO, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We are proud of the strong relationships we establish with each client. You can bank on our Kirkwood, MO disability attorney to provide honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Kirkwood, MO. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Kirkwood, MO cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in deciding if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and prevents you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is available to help do things the right way the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is imperative to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Kirkwood, MO. While it generally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were allowed disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without legal representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is specifically why you need the assistance of a skilled disability attorney near Kirkwood, MO, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Kirkwood, MO disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Efficiency — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Kirkwood, MO — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Kirkwood, MO clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Kirkwood, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to contact us now or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, along with offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Kirkwood, MO Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.