Here to Help in Butler, IL
Disability Attorney Butler, IL
Disability Attorney Butler, IL. If a disability keeps you from working, your financial troubles and restrictions can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Butler, IL. You may feel inundated when you think about your future and your family’s welfare. It can be trying to even know where to start. The simplest start is usually considered the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Butler, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Butler, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Butler, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we establish with each client. You can rely on our Butler, IL disability attorney to provide honest advice about your situation, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Butler, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Butler, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Butler, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Butler, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Butler, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Butler, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in deciding your eligibility. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not included here that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Butler, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is available to help do things the right way the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Butler, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Butler, IL. While it normally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than individuals without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is precisely why you need the assistance of a experienced disability attorney near Butler, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Butler, IL disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Speed — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate by your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Butler, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Butler, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Butler, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
Learn more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Butler, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Butler, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate contact us today or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Butler, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Butler, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.
Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential case review.