Here to Help in Ford, IL
Disability Attorney Ford, IL
Disability Attorney Ford, IL. If your disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial worries and restrictions can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Ford, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you think about your future and your family’s welfare. It can be trying to even know where to start. The easiest beginning is normally the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Ford, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Ford, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Ford, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We are proud of the strong relationships we build with each client. You can rely on our Ford, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your situation, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Ford, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Ford, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to assist people like you in Ford, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Ford, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Ford, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Ford, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to figure out the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in deciding your eligibility. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least a year (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Ford, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is available to help do things the right way the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Ford, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is imperative to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Ford, IL. While it normally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than claimants without representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is precisely why you need the help of a experienced disability attorney near Ford, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Ford, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Ford, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Ford, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Ford, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Ford, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Ford, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to reach out to immediately or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Ford, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Ford, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.