Here to Help in Nokomis, IL
Disability Attorney Nokomis, IL
Disability Attorney Nokomis, IL. If a disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial worries and constraints can add to an already stressful situation in Nokomis, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you think about your future and your family’s welfare. It can be trying to even know where to start. The simplest beginning is usually considered the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Nokomis, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Nokomis, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Nokomis, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we establish with every client. You can rely on our Nokomis, IL disability attorney to supply honest advice about your options, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Nokomis, IL. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Nokomis, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you might qualify for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Nokomis, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Nokomis, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Nokomis, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to figure out the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in adjudicating your eligibility. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Nokomis, IL. While it normally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than those without representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is precisely why you need the help of a skilled disability attorney near Nokomis, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Nokomis, IL disability attorney is involved in the initial steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Nokomis, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Nokomis, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Nokomis, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Don’t hesitate contact us today or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, in addition to providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Nokomis, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.