Here to Help in Stark County, IL
Disability Attorney Stark County, IL
Disability Attorney Stark County, IL. If your disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial worries and impediments can add to an already stressful situation in Stark County, IL. You may feel inundated when you ponder your future and your family’s welfare. It can be difficult to even know where to start. The simplest beginning is usually considered the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Stark County, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Stark County, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Stark County, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we establish with every client. You can rely on our Stark County, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Stark County, IL. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to assist people like you in Stark County, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may qualify for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Stark County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Stark County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Stark County, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Stark County, IL. While it generally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were allowed disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without legal representation.
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is precisely why you need the help of a experienced disability attorney near Stark County, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Stark County, IL disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what is necessary to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Stark County, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Stark County, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Stark County, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
Learn more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Education level and age also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Feel free to reach out to immediately or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, along with offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Stark County, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.
Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential consultation.