Here to Help in Wenonah, IL
Disability Attorney Wenonah, IL
Disability Attorney Wenonah, IL. If a disability keeps you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial worries and impediments can add to an already stressful situation in Wenonah, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you think about your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be hard to even know where to begin. The simplest beginning is usually considered the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is only a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Wenonah, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Wenonah, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Wenonah, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we establish with each client. You can bank on our Wenonah, IL disability attorney to provide honest advice about your situation, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Wenonah, IL. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online.
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, overseen by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Wenonah, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might qualify for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Wenonah, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Wenonah, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Wenonah, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of these three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in deciding your eligibility. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then decide whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is available to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Wenonah, IL. While it normally takes the SSA approximately 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were allowed disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without legal representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is specifically why you need the assistance of a skilled disability attorney near Wenonah, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Wenonah, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Illinois, Missouri, and Kentucky.
Additionally, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources every step of the way during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Wenonah, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Wenonah, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Wenonah, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, call us immediately at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Learn more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate reach out to now or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, in addition to offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Wenonah, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.
Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential consultation.