Here to Help in Bunker Hill, IL
Disability Attorney Bunker Hill, IL
Disability Attorney Bunker Hill, IL. If your disability prevents you from working, your financial troubles and constraints can add to an already stressful situation in Bunker Hill, IL. You may feel inundated when you think about your future and your family’s welfare. It can be trying to even know where to start. The easiest beginning is normally the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Bunker Hill, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Bunker Hill, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Bunker Hill, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with each client. You can rely on our Bunker Hill, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Bunker Hill, IL. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to assist people like you in Bunker Hill, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you may qualify for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Bunker Hill, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of these three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of circumstances that the SSA looks at in adjudicating your eligibility. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Bunker Hill, IL. While it normally takes the SSA approximately 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than individuals without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is precisely why you need the help of a experienced disability attorney near Bunker Hill, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Bunker Hill, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been helping clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Also, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Bunker Hill, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Bunker Hill, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Bunker Hill, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Learn more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Education level and age also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to reach out to today or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Bunker Hill, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.