Here to Help in Sikeston, MO
Disability Attorney Sikeston, MO
Disability Attorney Sikeston, MO. If your disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial troubles and restrictions can add to an already stressful situation in Sikeston, MO. You may feel overwhelmed when you ponder your future and your family’s wellbeing. It can be difficult to even know where to begin. The simplest beginning is usually considered the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is only a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Sikeston, MO, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Sikeston, MO and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Sikeston, MO, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with every client. You can bank on our Sikeston, MO disability attorney to give you honest advice about your options, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Sikeston, MO. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Sikeston, MO cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Sikeston, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Sikeston, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Sikeston, MO
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of these three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and prevents you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not included here that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is here to help do things correctly the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking data for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is imperative to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Sikeston, MO. While it generally takes the SSA approximately 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without a disability attorney.
The disability process involves an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is specifically why you need the help of a skilled disability attorney near Sikeston, MO, who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Sikeston, MO disability attorney is involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Speed — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate by your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Sikeston, MO — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Sikeston, MO clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Sikeston, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Learn more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are predictably deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to contact us today or give us a call at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, along with offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Sikeston, MO Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our lawyers fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.