Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Sikeston, MO
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO. You devote an enormous part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Sikeston, MO. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Sikeston, MO, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Sikeston, MO and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a no-risk consultation.
The United States has supplied assistance for those who need it most in Sikeston, MO with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Sikeston, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Sikeston, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Sikeston, MO
However, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for very detailed information, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. You need to get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Sikeston, MO, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Sikeston, MO?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Sikeston, MO. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Sikeston, MO, can supply access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Sikeston, MO, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Sikeston, MO medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Sikeston, MO work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Sikeston, MO financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Sikeston, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Sikeston, MO clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled are:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Education level and age also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from general taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us today or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO: The Application Process
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the assistance of experienced lawyers for disability near Sikeston, MO, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us.
When our Sikeston, MO lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Your Lawyers for Disability Sikeston, MO .
To talk to one of our lawyers for disability for a no-cost case review, give us a call today at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.