Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in St. Elmo, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL. You commit a huge part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a scary proposition trying to figure out how you’ll provide for your family in St. Elmo, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near St. Elmo, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in St. Elmo, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and difficult disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
The government has provided assistance for those who need it most in St. Elmo, IL with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in St. Elmo, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in St. Elmo, IL
However, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for very detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near St. Elmo, IL, involved from the outset to file for social security or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in St. Elmo, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in St. Elmo, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near St. Elmo, IL, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in St. Elmo, IL, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other St. Elmo, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your St. Elmo, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your St. Elmo, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About St. Elmo, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our St. Elmo, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled include:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us now or give us a call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL: The Application Process
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the assistance of skilled lawyers for disability near St. Elmo, IL, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us.
When you get our St. Elmo, IL lawyers for disability involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Your Lawyers for Disability St. Elmo, IL .
To talk to one of our lawyers for disability for a free case review, give us a call today at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.