Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Shelby County, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Shelby County, IL. You commit an enormous part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health problem keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Shelby County, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Shelby County, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Shelby County, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the tedious and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability today at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free consultation.
The government has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in Shelby County, IL with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Shelby County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Shelby County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Shelby County, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You need to get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Shelby County, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for social security or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Shelby County, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Shelby County, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Shelby County, IL, can supply access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Shelby County, IL, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Shelby County, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Shelby County, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Shelby County, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Shelby County, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Shelby County, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Shelby County, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled are:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Shelby County, IL: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund Drummond Law in Southern Illinois
As lawyers for disability, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and other essential expenses, it is crucial that you have our Shelby County, IL lawyers for disability fight for you to start receiving these necessary benefits immediately. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law lawyers for disability have successfully assisted over 10,000 Southern Illinois and Missouri clients receive disability benefits..