Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Livingston County, KY
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Livingston County, KY. You devote a huge part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health problem keeps you from working, it can be a scary proposition trying to figure out how you’ll provide for your family in Livingston County, KY. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Livingston County, KY, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Livingston County, KY and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free consultation.
The U.S. has supplied a safety net for those who need it most in Livingston County, KY with many different federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Livingston County, KY
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Livingston County, KY
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Livingston County, KY
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for incredibly detailed information, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Livingston County, KY, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Livingston County, KY?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Livingston County, KY. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
Additionally, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Livingston County, KY, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Livingston County, KY, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Livingston County, KY medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Livingston County, KY work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Livingston County, KY financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Livingston County, KY SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Alongside our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law provides our Livingston County, KY clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Livingston County, KY: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability include:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Livingston County, KY: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time.
To talk with one of our lawyers for disability for a free case review, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.