Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Virden, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL. You devote an enormous part of your time, your life to your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Virden, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Virden, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Virden, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
The U.S. has supplied assistance for those who need it most in Virden, IL with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Virden, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Virden, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Virden, IL
However, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed information, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. You need to get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Virden, IL, involved from the outset to file for social security or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Virden, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Virden, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Virden, IL, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Virden, IL, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Virden, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Virden, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Virden, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Virden, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Alongside our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Virden, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability include:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by general taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now or give us a call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL: The Application Process
The disability process involves an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of skilled lawyers for disability near Virden, IL, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Virden, IL lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Your Lawyers for Disability Virden, IL .
To talk to one of our lawyers for disability for a no-cost case review, give us a call now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.