Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Taylor Springs, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Taylor Springs, IL. You commit a huge part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health problem keeps you from working, it can be a scary proposition trying to figure out how you’ll provide for your family in Taylor Springs, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Taylor Springs, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have more than 45 years of experience helping our clients in Taylor Springs, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free consultation.
The United States has supplied assistance for those who need it most in Taylor Springs, IL with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Taylor Springs, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Taylor Springs, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Taylor Springs, IL
However, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires incredibly detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Taylor Springs, IL, involved from the very beginning to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Taylor Springs, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Taylor Springs, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Taylor Springs, IL, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Taylor Springs, IL, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Taylor Springs, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Taylor Springs, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Taylor Springs, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Taylor Springs, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Taylor Springs, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Taylor Springs, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability include:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Taylor Springs, IL: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time.
To talk with one of our lawyers for disability for a no-cost consultation, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.