Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Pinckneyville, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL. You devote an enormous part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a scary proposition trying to figure out how you’ll provide for your family in Pinckneyville, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Pinckneyville, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Pinckneyville, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the tedious and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability today at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
The United States has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in Pinckneyville, IL with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Pinckneyville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL
However, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for incredibly detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Pinckneyville, IL, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Pinckneyville, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Pinckneyville, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Pinckneyville, IL, can supply access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Pinckneyville, IL, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Pinckneyville, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Pinckneyville, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Pinckneyville, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Pinckneyville, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Pinckneyville, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability include:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us today or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL: The Application Process
The disability process involves thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the assistance of skilled attorneys for disability near Pinckneyville, IL, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Pinckneyville, IL lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience — We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Your Lawyers for Disability Pinckneyville, IL .
To talk with one of our lawyers for disability for a free consultation, give us a call now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.