Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Palmyra, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Palmyra, IL. You commit an enormous part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Palmyra, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Palmyra, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience assisting our clients in Palmyra, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a no-risk case review.
The United States has supplied a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in Palmyra, IL with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Palmyra, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Palmyra, IL, involved from the outset to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Palmyra, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Palmyra, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Palmyra, IL, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Palmyra, IL, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Palmyra, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Palmyra, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Palmyra, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Palmyra, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Alongside our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Palmyra, IL clients with the following:
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
Lawyers for Disability Palmyra, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability are:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Palmyra, IL: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund Drummond Law in Southern Illinois
As lawyers for disability, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and other essential expenses, it is crucial that you have our Palmyra, IL lawyers for disability fight for you to start receiving these necessary benefits immediately. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these trying times. The Drummond Law lawyers for disability have successfully helped over 10,000 Southern Illinois and Missouri clients receive disability benefits..