Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Carbondale, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL. You devote an enormous part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a scary proposition trying to figure out how you’ll provide for your family in Carbondale, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Carbondale, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Carbondale, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and difficult disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability today at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
The government has supplied a safety net for those who need it most in Carbondale, IL with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Carbondale, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Carbondale, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Carbondale, IL
However, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Carbondale, IL, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Carbondale, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Carbondale, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
Additionally, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Carbondale, IL, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Carbondale, IL, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Carbondale, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Carbondale, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Carbondale, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Carbondale, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law provides our Carbondale, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability are:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now or call us at 844-706-7710 to learn more.
Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL: The Application Process
The disability process involves thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of experienced lawyers for disability near Carbondale, IL, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Carbondale, IL lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Speed — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Your Lawyers for Disability Carbondale, IL .
To talk to one of our lawyers for disability for a free consultation, give us a call now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.