Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Crittenden County, KY
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Crittenden County, KY. You devote an enormous part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health problem keeps you from working, it can be a scary proposition trying to figure out how you’ll provide for your family in Crittenden County, KY. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Crittenden County, KY, in Southern Illinois. We have more than 45 years of experience assisting our clients in Crittenden County, KY and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability today at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a no-risk consultation.
The U.S. has provided assistance for those who need it most in Crittenden County, KY with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Crittenden County, KY
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Crittenden County, KY
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Crittenden County, KY
However, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for incredibly detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You need to get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Crittenden County, KY, involved from the very beginning to file for social security or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Crittenden County, KY?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Crittenden County, KY. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
Additionally, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Crittenden County, KY, can supply access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Crittenden County, KY, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Crittenden County, KY medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Crittenden County, KY work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Crittenden County, KY financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Crittenden County, KY SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Alongside our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law provides our Crittenden County, KY clients with the following:
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
- Social Security for Children
Lawyers for Disability Crittenden County, KY: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability are:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Crittenden County, KY: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund The Drummond Law lawyers for disability have successfully assisted over 10,000 Southern Illinois and Missouri clients receive disability benefits. As lawyers for disability, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and other essential expenses, it is crucial that you have our Crittenden County, KY lawyers for disability fight for you to start receiving these necessary benefits immediately. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these trying times.