Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Coffeen, IL
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL. You devote a huge part of your time, your life toward your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Coffeen, IL. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Coffeen, IL, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience assisting our clients in Coffeen, IL and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free consultation.
The U.S. has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in Coffeen, IL with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Coffeen, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Coffeen, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Coffeen, IL
However, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed information, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You need to get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Coffeen, IL, involved from the outset to file for social security or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Coffeen, IL?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Coffeen, IL. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Coffeen, IL, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Coffeen, IL, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Coffeen, IL medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Coffeen, IL work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Coffeen, IL financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Coffeen, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Coffeen, IL clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled include:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us today or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL: The Application Process
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of skilled lawyers for disability near Coffeen, IL, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When our Coffeen, IL lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Your Lawyers for Disability Coffeen, IL .
To speak with one of our lawyers for disability for a no-cost consultation, give us a call now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.