Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Cape Girardeau, MO
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO. You devote a huge part of your time, your life to your job. So when a disability or serious health issue keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Cape Girardeau, MO. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Cape Girardeau, MO, in Southern Illinois. We have more than 45 years of experience helping our clients in Cape Girardeau, MO and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the tedious and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a no-risk case review.
The United States has provided a safety net for those who need it most in Cape Girardeau, MO with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for very detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Cape Girardeau, MO, involved as soon as possible to file for social security or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Cape Girardeau, MO?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Cape Girardeau, MO. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Cape Girardeau, MO, can provide access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Cape Girardeau, MO, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Cape Girardeau, MO medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Cape Girardeau, MO work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Cape Girardeau, MO financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Cape Girardeau, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
If you have any questions or concerns, call us now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a risk-free case review.
Alongside our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law supplies our Cape Girardeau, MO clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability include:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us now or give us a call us at 844-706-7710 to learn more.
Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO: The Application Process
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the assistance of experienced attorneys for disability near Cape Girardeau, MO, who know the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Give us a call at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us.
When our Cape Girardeau, MO lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Your Lawyers for Disability Cape Girardeau, MO .
To speak to one of our lawyers for disability for a free case review, give us a call now at 844-706-7710 or contact us online to get started.