Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in Clayton, MO
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability Clayton, MO. You commit an enormous part of your time, your life to your job. So when a disability or serious health problem keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in Clayton, MO. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near Clayton, MO, in Southern Illinois. We have over 45 years of experience helping our clients in Clayton, MO and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the lengthy and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free consultation.
The U.S. has supplied assistance for those who need it most in Clayton, MO with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Clayton, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Clayton, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Clayton, MO
However, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for incredibly detailed information, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You should get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near Clayton, MO, involved from the outset to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in Clayton, MO?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in Clayton, MO. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
Additionally, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near Clayton, MO, can supply access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in Clayton, MO, such as:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other Clayton, MO medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your Clayton, MO work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your Clayton, MO financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About Clayton, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Alongside our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law provides our Clayton, MO clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability Clayton, MO: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled include:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability Clayton, MO: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Lawyers for Disability Clayton, MO: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by general taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us today or give us a call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability Clayton, MO: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Lawyers for Disability Clayton, MO: The Application Process
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of skilled attorneys for disability near Clayton, MO, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us.
When you get our Clayton, MO lawyers for disability involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — In our collective careers, spanning multiple decades, we have won thousands of cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.