Providing For Our Neighbors Most in Need in De Soto, MO
Lawyers for Disability
Lawyers for Disability De Soto, MO. You devote a huge part of your time, your life to your job. So when a disability or serious health problem keeps you from working, it can be a strenuous situation figuring out how you will provide for your family in De Soto, MO. The team of lawyers for disability at Drummond Law can help.
Drummond Law is home to the lawyers for disability near De Soto, MO, in Southern Illinois. We have more than 45 years of experience assisting our clients in De Soto, MO and throughout Southern Illinois and Missouri in the tedious and arduous disability process. Call one of our lawyers for disability now at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
The United States has provided assistance for those who need it most in De Soto, MO with many different federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in De Soto, MO
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in De Soto, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in De Soto, MO
However, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires very detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. You need to get one of the Drummond lawyers for disability near De Soto, MO, involved from the outset to file an application or appeal a denial.
Why Do I Need the Drummond Law Firm’s Lawyers for Disability in De Soto, MO?
It is essential to have lawyers for disability help you file a claim in De Soto, MO. While it generally takes the Social Security Administration around 3-5 months to file a decision and more than 64 percent of first-time applications are denied in Illinois, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a team of lawyers for disability were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than those without representation.
In addition, the Drummond Law lawyers for disability near De Soto, MO, can supply access to resources during this challenging time and ensure that you have the appropriate documents to back up your claim in De Soto, MO, including:
- Medical Records — documentation of any doctor appointments, medications, surgeries, or other De Soto, MO medical care associated with your disability
- Work History — proof of your De Soto, MO work history and past and present income (W-2s)
- Other Records — your birth certificate, proof of U.S. citizenship, any settlement agreements related to your condition like workers’ compensation, car accident, etc., your De Soto, MO financial institution’s routing number, and information for any dependents you have
Things to Know About De Soto, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
In addition to our lawyers for disability services, Drummond Law provides our De Soto, MO clients with the following:
- Disability Attorney
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Lawyers for Disability De Soto, MO: How Do I Qualify for Social Security?
The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of factors that the SSA looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled are:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Lawyers for Disability De Soto, MO: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld in your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Education level and age also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Lawyers for Disability De Soto, MO: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by general taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our lawyers for disability to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us now or give us a call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Lawyers for Disability De Soto, MO: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Lawyers for Disability De Soto, MO: The Application Process
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of skilled lawyers for disability near De Soto, MO, who know the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes. Call us at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us.
When our De Soto, MO lawyers for disability are involved in the very first steps of the disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look at.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.