Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Witt, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Witt, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s critical that you contact our Witt, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Witt, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Witt, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Witt, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education in order to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Witt, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complicated, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Witt, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Witt, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Witt, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s workers compensation attorneys in Witt, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.