Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Butler, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Butler, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is essential that you contact Drummond Law’s Butler, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Butler, IL, work comp lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Butler, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Butler, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to get vocational education in order to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Work Comp Claim in Butler, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Butler, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Butler, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Butler, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Drummond Law’s work comp lawyers in Butler, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.