Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Kincaid, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Kincaid, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is critical that you contact Drummond Law’s Kincaid, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Kincaid, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Kincaid, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Kincaid, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation works differently in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies will offer vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to get vocational education in order to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Kincaid, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complicated, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Kincaid, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Kincaid, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Kincaid, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp lawyers in Kincaid, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.