Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Brighton, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Brighton, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is crucial that you contact our Brighton, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Brighton, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Brighton, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Brighton, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education in order to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Brighton, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complex, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Brighton, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Brighton, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Brighton, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation attorneys in Brighton, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.