Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Ohlman, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Ohlman, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is crucial that you contact Drummond Law’s Ohlman, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Ohlman, IL, work comp attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Ohlman, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Ohlman, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in various states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have an opportunity to get vocational education in order to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Work Comp Claim in Ohlman, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complex, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Ohlman, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Ohlman, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Ohlman, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp lawyers in Ohlman, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.