Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Litchfield, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Litchfield, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s critical that you contact our Litchfield, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Litchfield, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Litchfield, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Litchfield, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in various states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to get vocational education in order to help you find a new career path.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Litchfield, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complex, which is just another reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Litchfield, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Litchfield, IL. Your friends and family may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference between permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Litchfield, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp lawyers in Litchfield, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.