Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Coalton, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Coalton, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It is critical that you contact our Coalton, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Coalton, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. Regarding injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Coalton, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Coalton, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to receive vocational education to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Coalton, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Coalton, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Coalton, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Coalton, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation attorneys in Coalton, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.