Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Rosamond, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Rosamond, IL. Drummond Law provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s critical that you contact Drummond Law’s Rosamond, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. Drummond Law also offers Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help clients through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Rosamond, IL, work comp attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. Regarding injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Rosamond, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Rosamond, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in different states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. Point being, you may have an opportunity to get vocational education to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for any mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. This can include rehabilitation, surgeries, x-rays, and other hospital bills. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Rosamond, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois can be complex, which is just another reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Rosamond, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There are statutes of limitation that in Illinois that require workers to file claims within 2 years.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Rosamond, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Rosamond, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our workers compensation lawyers in Rosamond, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.