Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Piasa, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Piasa, IL. Our firm offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It’s critical that you contact Drummond Law’s Piasa, IL, Workers Compensation attorneys right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Piasa, IL, work comp lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. In most states, there’s a 60 day time period when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Piasa, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Piasa, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation is different in various states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible to get the process going. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company offers vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to receive vocational education in order to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Usually, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s important to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. Also, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Piasa, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Piasa, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for a second opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Piasa, IL. Your friends and family may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our attorneys know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Piasa, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp attorneys in Piasa, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.