Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Taylor Springs, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Taylor Springs, IL. Our firm offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It’s essential that you contact our Taylor Springs, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, Drummond Law’s legal team has the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Taylor Springs, IL, work comp attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Any job has the potential to be dangerous, and there are a lot of different ways you can be injured. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries on the job, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Even if an injury seems small, like a burn or slight back pain, they can turn into a lasting condition. It’s crucial to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Taylor Springs, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to fight for your workers compensation and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Taylor Springs, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp is different in different states. Regardless of where you are, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to a supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a brief overview of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Most states and companies offers vocational rehabilitation. For instance, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have the opportunity to get vocational education to get a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: When you’re dealing with workers compensation claims, you’ll often have to visit multiple doctors. You can be reimbursed for any mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers comp insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s essential to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes life-changing injuries that cause continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting SSD, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Work Comp Claim in Taylor Springs, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complex, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Taylor Springs, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Taylor Springs, IL. Your family and friends might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Taylor Springs, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp attorneys in Taylor Springs, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.