Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL. Drummond Law offers legal assistance to injured workers in both Missouri and Illinois. It’s our job to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, whether that’s by heavy machinery, a slip and fall, or you’re seeking Social Security Disability assistance. It’s critical that you contact our Mt. Olive, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers now if you or a family member are having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law for more than four decades, our legal team has the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Mt. Olive, IL, work comp attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt on the job. Drummond Law provides free, no-obligation case reviews.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
Work is dangerous no matter what industry you’re in, and there are a number of common injuries. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries occur to workers in the construction, transportation, mining, and forestry industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (such as carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s essential to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Our workers compensation lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you’re injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Mt. Olive, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Work comp works differently in various states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to contact an experienced work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous career, the employer has to pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to receive vocational education in order to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage if applicable.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides employees with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Pursuing a Work Comp Claim in Mt. Olive, IL
Here are a few tips if you’ve been injured at work. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney in Mt. Olive, IL.
- It is mandatory that Illinois employees give notice (verbal or written) to an employer if they want to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, but it’s recommended that you visit your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including lost wages, travel expenses, and medical bills. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL. Your family and friends may be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There is a difference when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Drummond Law’s Mt. Olive, IL, workers compensation lawyers will work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a job-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp attorneys in Mt. Olive, IL, are here to help workers and their families through these difficult circumstances.