Workers Compensation Attorneys
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Kemper, IL
Workers Compensation Lawyers in Kemper, IL. Our firm provides top-notch legal representation to workers in Illinois and Missouri. It’s our goal to ensure that you and your family are protected if you’re injured, even if you were hurt on a construction site, fell, suffer from repetitive trauma, or were injured at a construction site. It’s crucial that you contact Drummond Law’s Kemper, IL, Workers Compensation lawyers right away if you’re having trouble getting compensated for your injury. We also specialize in Social Security Disability assistance.
Practicing law since the 1970’s, Drummond Law’s legal team have the resources and experience needed to help people through these difficult situations. Get in touch with one of our Kemper, IL, work comp attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities and legal services if you’re disabled or hurt at work. We provide free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations.
Common Workers Compensation Claims
There are dozens of ways you can be injured on the job. According to OSHA, the most common fatal injuries happen within the workers in the agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, and transportation industries. In terms of injuries at work, the top 10 include:
- Repetitive Movements
- Slips and Falls
- Struck By Objects
- Heavy Machinery
- In Transportation
- Unintenional Overdose
- Workplace Violence
- Harmful Exposure to Substances
You can also include fires and explosions, repetitive stress (like carpal tunnel), malfunctioning equipment, toxins, and other work-related hazards. Injuries may seem as innocent as a sprained wrist or slight burn, but even the smallest injury can turn into a long-term condition. It’s important to keep track of any ongoing pain. Most states have a 2-month time limit on when you can file a workers compensation claim. Drummond Law’s workers compensation lawyers in Kemper, IL, have the experience and dedication you need to pursue a workers compensation claim and get the reimbursement you deserve if you are injured on the job.
Reimbursement for Kemper, IL, Workers Comp Claims
Workers compensation works differently in different states. No matter where you are working, it’s absolutely crucial to report any injury to your supervisor right away. It’s also important to reach out to a qualified work comp attorney near you as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your claim. Below is a list of the types of compensation you can receive:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: In most cases, a company will offer vocational rehabilitation. For example, if you’re injured and unable to continue your previous job, an employer will pay some level of ongoing education. The goal here is that you may have an opportunity to receive vocational education to fit into a new job.
- Mileage Reimbursement: There’s a chance you will have to see a number of doctors multiple times if you have a work comp claim. You can be reimbursed for mileage depending on what state you’re in.
- Medical Care: Typically, workers compensation insurance covers partial to full medical care. X-rays, surgery, rehab, and other hospital bills may be included. It’s crucial to collect all of your medical documentation.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have a life-altering injury, you may be able to collect damages for continued pain and suffering. In addition, benefits can be awarded to family members (i.e. survivors).
- Lost Wages: Or “replacement income,” work comp often provides injured workers with supplemental income. If you need a claim or if you’re having trouble getting Social Security Disability, contact Drummond Law today for more information.
Tips for Getting a Workers Compensation Claim in Kemper, IL
Below are a couple of tips if you’ve been injured on the job. Workers compensation in Illinois is complicated, which is just one more reason to contact a qualified work comp attorney in Kemper, IL.
- It’s mandatory that Illinois workers give notice (verbal or written) to an employer in order to pursue a work comp claim.
- You may be examined by a company doctor, though it is recommended that you see your own for another opinion.
- There’s a 2 year statute of limitations for workers compensation claims in Illinois.
- Document everything, including medical reports, receipts, and unpaid wages. All of this material will help you later on.
- Get real advice from real workers compensation lawyers in Kemper, IL. Your friends and family might be able to give some advice, but there are a lot of complications our lawyers know how to handle.
Illinois Workers Compensation Attorneys Near You
According to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, disability benefits can range in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. There are differences when it comes to permanent total or partial disability and temporary total disability. Our Kemper, IL, workers compensation lawyers work to help you or a family member receive fair compensation after a work-related injury. We also practice Social Security Disability law. Our work comp lawyers in Kemper, IL, are dedicated to helping people through these tough situations.